Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Tips, Tricks, and Advice The chemical compounds of medical marijuana

• The chemical compounds of medical marijuana

Posted by leah-leilani on July 8, 2019 at 7:00 pm

The Cannabis plant contains many chemical compounds. The two most frequently talked about are called Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). CBD is non-psychoactive while THC does produce a “high” feeling.

There is also another chemical compound produced from the Cannabis plant called Cannabinol (CBN). CBN is is made when the flower of the Cannabis plant has been aged an dried. Scientists are finding that it’s medicinal benefits include anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and pain relief. It is also believed to be sedating which can help with insomnia. Unlike THC, CBN does not cause any intoxicating effects  This is great for those who need a clear mind during the day.

Are you excited about the scientific movement of medical marijuana? Have you researched the medicinal benefits of medical marijuana? Have you considered using it for yourself?

ralph replied 4 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • ralph

July 9, 2019 at 7:30 am

I am definitely excited about the growth of these chemicals to do good. I’m interested in learning more about CBN. I do need to be careful with THC because the high can make me shaky on my feet and cause falls. But I have no doubt all of these products can help people.