Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Are you still in school or have family members or friends who are still getting their education?

In the United States there has been a lot of debate about whether schools should open their campuses back up in the fall and what regulations should be put into place should this happen. There has also been a lot of controversy about the risks of students mental well-being should schools remain closed.

What is your opinion on these matters? Would students and teachers thrive more in a school setting or an at-home setting?

It is hard because there are arguments for both, but ultimately I think staying home is safest for the whole country. I say this not having children to worry about as a parent. I also know that some parents cannot afford to feed their children and rely on meals from school. I know some parents cannot stay at home with their children while they work. I understand that some children are in abusive homes, and their only relief is going to school. What about them? I try to think that although all those situations could end up with a child dead, I believe the coronavirus can harm more than just one child and family, it is a much faster and higher risk.

Also, more money needs to go into education for a genuinely inclusive at-home learning experience, that includes making sure all families have access to computer and internet, that children have the services they require especially if they have disabilities.

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

Yeah, at-home education does pose a big risk for kids with bad living conditions. If only we could actually count on Social Services to do their jobs correctly and accurately. I totally agree that money need to be put towards giving all kids access to technology for at home schooling.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account