Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​Muscular Dystrophy Trying on clothes at home rather than in store

• Trying on clothes at home rather than in store

Posted by Leah Leilani on November 26, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Do you prefer to order clothes online and try them in at home or try them on in the store?

Although wheelchair friendly changing stalls do offer more room than the regular stall, they’re still tight for both a caregiver and a person in a wheelchair.

I, personally, like to order online and try on clothes at my leisure at home. If I get tired I can take a break and rest or choose to do it another day. I’m also able to make a better decision about what items to keep without the pressure to buy something.

Leah Leilani replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Ralph Yaniz

November 27, 2019 at 7:33 am

For me, it’s definitely too hard to try stuff on at a store. And I really rarely buy clothes anymore. I pretty much have what I need for ever 🙂 my annual gym shoe buy I order from home. Easy.

• Ralph Yaniz

November 27, 2019 at 8:38 am

Dani, I agree. I know I have shirts that I have been wearing for 15 years or more and I could almost live out my life buying very little. And I have a little doubt that all of this could have an affect on the environment. So many of us live oversold, meaning we are spending much more than we need to. But I know some people really enjoy shopping for clothing and we all have our hobbies and interest. But I will save my money for travel!

• Leah Leilani

November 27, 2019 at 3:57 pm

I follow a couple zero waste people and although I think it’s okay to try to minimize our waste, it won’t make much of a difference. Besides, the United States doesn’t pollute the planet as much as day India or China.

• steve

September 11, 2020 at 12:49 pm

yes i do try these clothes from online stores like hoodie mens at fornite merch, its easy for anyone to do soo…!

• Leah Leilani

September 16, 2020 at 4:12 pm

Steve, do you mean you like buying clothes online. I do too. I find it a lot easier to make a good purchase online because I can really think about it and how it would suit me rather than having to make a snap decision  at a store and most likely having to return it. Thank God for online shopping.