• Voice activated electricity

Posted by leah-leilani on July 19, 2019 at 5:00 pm

In my room, I have an overhead fan. I use it most of the summer but find that I get cold with it on at night. I don’t want to have to get out of bed and walk all the way over to the switch. This summer, I plan on having an electrician come over to my house to hopefully find a solution for me. I hope to be able to hook it up to my Amazon Alexa so that I can switch my fan on and off with just a command.

Do you have this issue in your house or bedroom? Have you looked into making your TV, lights and fans voice activated?

steve-hain replied 4 years, 8 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • ralph

July 21, 2019 at 11:03 am

I haven’t looked into this but it is a great idea and we live in the age of automation. There is no reason why all of this cant be hooked to our telephones. I have heard that a smart phone today has more computing power than some of the computers used to put man on the moon. We need to learn to use this power for all of us with disabilities. Great idea!

• leah-leilani

July 22, 2019 at 9:11 pm

I agree Ralph! We still have yet to know the immense power we have in our phones and how to harness it help those of us with disabilities!

• steve-hain

August 9, 2019 at 7:39 am

A quick Google search for “smart plug alexa” brings up a whole bunch of controllable power plugs (and a microwave oven). I haven’t tried any of them.