Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​Muscular Dystrophy Warm Weather And Soaking Up Some Natural Vitamin D

• danielle-dani-liptak

March 15, 2022 at 2:45 pm

Yes, I’ve had to take 50,000 units weekly to get my D back up.  I went for a walk with my psychical therapist today for about 400 feet and then played for 10 + minutes with my dog outside.  I never realized how much a lack of vitamin D and others can truly affect your physical and mental health. I’m hoping that the beach mats will be placed at the local beach soon and I can enjoy getting natural D from the sun!

• louise-e-rowe

March 25, 2022 at 9:15 am

Vitamin D is one of our body’s essential nutrients to maintain healthy bone density. When I was diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency, my friends said that I was spending the most time at home due to working from home. They explained that vitamin D is a byproduct of sunlight, and it is the best source of vitamin D I can get. When I consulted a physician, he prescribed a few vitamins tablets. Also suggested having food items enriched with vitamin D, mainly mushrooms, fatty fish, seafood, and egg yolks! Even my cousin, who is a dietician, had suggested the same. But you have to intake vitamin supplements only in prescribed dosage to avoid other health consequences. Thanks to an online vitamin supplements store, I don’t have to go in search of them everywhere! I would also suggest you seek professional help before trying home remedies!