Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

It is recommended that you wear your mask if you have to leave your home here in the United States. What is it like in your country? Do you have difficulty putting on a mask? Do you require assistance? Do you find it difficult to breathe, or does it slip off your face?

Pete Barron
      Participant

My wife made me a mask with one wide elastic strap that I can slip on and off by myself. Now my only problem is fogged glasses! I do miss seeing peoples’ faces though,…

I agree with Pete. It is hard to tell how someone feels when you can’t see their mouth. The interesting thing about my type of MD (FSHD) is that my facial muscles are weak, and people have a hard time deciphering my emotions because my face can look one way. I kind of feel like the playing field is even now that people will have to use words instead of relying on how someone looks. Just a different perspective!

Leah Leilani
      Keymaster

I am a glasses wearer as well and the foggy glasses is a real problem. If your glasses are too close to your face they fog up, if they’re too far away from your face they look and feel odd.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account