Muscular Dystrophy News Forums Forums Support Groups Adults​ ​With​ ​Muscular Dystrophy The Dilemma With Deodorant and Skin Irritation

• The Dilemma With Deodorant and Skin Irritation

Posted by Leah Leilani on April 5, 2022 at 4:30 pm

I am not a very sweaty person but when I started reselling clothing and being a bit less sedentary, it was like puberty all over again. I had to switch from a holistic crystal deodorant to something more substantial to control my body odor.

Since switching to an antiperspirant, my pits have been itchy and irritated. I tried both a roll-on and a stick deodorant. Although I experienced less irritation from the Secret Clinical Strength stick deodorant, there still had to be something better.

I recently found the Secret Clinical Strength deodorant without aluminum and baking soda. The results-Wow! My pits have never felt better! No more clawing at my underarms during the day!

Do you struggle with deodorant and skin irritation? Which deodorant do you use?

Danielle "Dani" Liptak replied 2 years ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Danielle "Dani" Liptak

April 6, 2022 at 2:38 pm

I’ve always used Old Spice because that’s what my dad used and I would end up taking his from him, haha.

I’ve tried the more “organic” deodorants but I had irritation and it got expensive so I switched back to Old Spice. I guess if it isn’t broke don’t fix it!