Tagged: 

• Posted by kayla-brown on February 10, 2019 at 9:39 pm

So, recently I’ve discovered some things during sex are really difficult and kind of embarrassing. For instance it’s hard to give hickeys because my lips don’t work well, I get tired quickly during it, and the most frustrating thing is blowjobs. I’ve resorted to deepthroating to compensate but I feel like it’s still not that pleasing. For anyone else with Fshd or who’s got similar problems because of their type of MD how did you figure things out? Or what were your alternatives? For anyone willing to share to help a chick out.

ralph replied 5 years, 2 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • danielle-dani-liptak

February 10, 2019 at 10:40 pm

I really think you have to be comfortable with enough with your partner and practice and talk about what works and what doesn’t. You might have to spend some money, get some devices, maybe even incorporate someone else, who knows. But really it is different for everyone. What works for one might not work for another.  Do you think it is not pleasing or has someone told you that it is not pleasing?

• leah-leilani

February 11, 2019 at 1:48 pm

I agree with Dani that communication is key during intimacy. Pleasuring my boyfriend is difficult too seeing as though I don’t have the strength to hold myself up and find a comfortable position. In this situation I think toys and other devices can help tremendously. I actually just read an article about toys for people with disabilities.

• ralph

February 11, 2019 at 2:49 pm

I think the biggest thing that Dani and Leah mention is communication.  I am a licensed clinical counselor and have done many thousands of hours of marital counseling and couples counseling and I can tell you even in relationships where there is not a disability, people often aren’t talking about what pleases them or asking their partner what pleases them.   I can’t imagine too many physical disabilities where are you cannot please your partner some way if  communication is open about what is pleasurable. And remember, that communication has to be a two-way street.  We always remind people in counseling that your partner cannot read your mind and you have to talk everything out