• Ralph Yaniz

February 6, 2019 at 1:44 pm

This is always an interesting topic. I’ve found that many people swear by one vitamin or supplement while others may find help with something different. I personally take Co Q 10, Creatine, Vit D, Vit B/C and then a Magnesium, Pottasium, Zinc pill. Low dose. I’ve tried many other things in past. I have LGMD2L. I believe these supplements can be helpful and because each of us is different, we may very well see differences in how these affect us. My neuromuscular doc reminds me that while I have a gene with a mutation, we also have 20,000 other genes that make us unique even when compared to others with a similar illness.

• Danielle "Dani" Liptak

February 7, 2019 at 11:46 am

I agree that vitamins and supplements can affect people differently, especially since we are so different!

How have you found them useful, Ralph? Do you notice more mobility or feel physically better when you take them? Have you ever stopped taking them for a time to see if they had any affect on you?

• Ralph Yaniz

February 7, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Danielle, admittedly it’s often hard to tell. Because we all have good and bad days it’s a bit difficult to say what is making you feel better. I have stops many things because I didn’t feel any different. The few things I take now can be tied to just better health in general. Because there are no cures or treatments for LGMD2L I know what is good for me is the only thing I can control. Being healthy means good heart, good blood pressure, strong bones, etc. I believe everything I takes helps with that.

• Danielle "Dani" Liptak

February 8, 2019 at 7:13 am

That makes sense. I find if I eat right (for me that means low carb, low sugar, high fiber), take my daily vitamin (chewable, haha), and drink as much water as I can (which is not enough because I avoid public restrooms due to personal inaccessibility) I feel much better. Now if I stop eating right and drinking water I notice a negative change in my body and mental health, but not really when I stop the vitamins. I think that is only because I get enough vitamins from the food and my environment.

• Garry

February 16, 2019 at 12:00 pm

The supplements I take is Multi-Vitamin (chewable), Vitamin D, Vitamin B/C, Creatine and CoQ10 which I recently started taking and I noticed a difference in my mood and energy level. I also like drinking water with lemon if that counts haha just cause it really helps with my general feeling and mental state plus there are many benefits. After exercises, I take Whey Protein and Glutamine.