• Leah Leilani

November 18, 2022 at 9:35 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss, Dani. I find that grief tends to make me tired, sort of the same as depression. My body feels like it has to work harder than usual to function and get through the day. It really does feel like a type of fatigue. It’s strange how mental health can effect us physically too but it does.

• Danielle "Dani" Liptak

December 5, 2022 at 2:20 pm

Yes, I agree about being tired, somehow even though it feels all mental, maybe my brain tries to take the pressure off the mind and onto the pain or fatigue of the body.

• Tracy Myall

December 6, 2022 at 4:56 pm

Dani I’m sorry for your loss. Losing a close friend or relative is heartbreaking. It seems that there have been more deaths close to me this holiday season, and my Dad is very ill annd we don’t know when we will lose him. this has affected both my mind and body. I know that my depression has been rearing its head more so than in the last 7-8 months. And over this past week I have been tired all the time. I’m usually up by 4:30am, but by noon lately fatigue has set in and both my brain and body seem to shut down. I’m frustrated and not sure how to get past it, but I am working with my therapist to help me. I think when we are grieving we just need to be kinder to ourselves, and to give ourselves a little more slack on getting our normal duties accomplished💕

• Danielle "Dani" Liptak

December 12, 2022 at 9:23 am

I agree about being kinder to ourselves, I forget, especially living in a place that highlights hard work until you are exhausted but it doesn’t have to be that way. We get one body, and we must try and take care of it the best we can!

• Gabriel Dutra

December 14, 2022 at 7:04 pm

I’m so sorry for your loss Dani, it’s too painful when we lose someone we care about, I’ve been through this a lot in my life. Whatever grief is the end of a relationship, loss of a relative or even a job you like. This hurts a lot, our body feels our sadness from grief and brings many horrible symptoms. What can I say that our difficulties make us strong and that’s why we suffer, but then we get up and keep fighting.

• Danielle "Dani" Liptak

December 16, 2022 at 11:20 am

I whole heartedly agree with that last statement! We get up and keep fighting, thanks for sharing!